Peapod - $10 off first order with code: AFFL3

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

...eh'...I'm not the poster child

It's been three days. Day two I had a headache. It felt like an iron rod was slowly pushed straight through my skull between my eyebrows. Hopefully, Tylenol has no animal by-products - because I had two...or three? As I mentioned earlier - I was unable to do that grand visit to a farmer's market, maybe a gourmet natural market, and a Whole Foods that I imagined every day preceding day one. So, instead of trying out exotic vegetarian recipes and finding rare fare in out of the way places...I ate a large bag of carrots and a container of almonds during the past three days. It was more filling than it sounds, but pretty much tasted like carrots and almonds. Last night I got up around 2 AM and made that pre-mixed box of chili I bought on Sunday. I ate leftovers tonight. It wasn't bad considering.

I also tried to make those Kale chips. I'm not sure...they weren't as crunchy as I would have hoped and they were WAY TOO salty. I also found it very difficult to determine when a green leaf was done baking. What does a crunchy baked kale leaf look like? I was a bit disappointed. I had had high hopes. Jamie shared my meatless chili leftovers with me tonight in an effort to to keep us from growing apart - now that we lead two entirely separate lives.

I'm not drawn to coffee nearly as much. It's only been three days, isn't this a little soon to be having such a response?

So, as you can see, I'm pretty sure I won't be gracing the front page of Vegetarian Times any time soon.

Just keeping it steady. One foot in front of the other.Heading into day four.

1 comment:

  1. why are you giving up coffee? That's where your headache is coming from. Are you vegan, too? Eat some cheese, if not!

    ReplyDelete