Peapod - $10 off first order with code: AFFL3

Thursday, April 29, 2010

Mexican Yum Yum

Alright, I need to work on my recipe titles - understood. I'll take suggestions for a name...and we'll split the proceeds.

Here's the ingredient list: 



Easy Peasy...

Pour the two cans of tomatoes (with juice) into a pot on HI heat. Then use the same two cans and fill them up with the brown rice (We are a family of five and I don't do measurements so you'll have to use some gestimations if you want to alter the servings). Pour the brown rice into the pot.

Fill the cans up with water...into the pot. Then add a tablespoon of chili powder (there abouts). A solid pinch of thyme, cayenne pepper, cumin, and a touch of coriander. Salt and pepper. Stir. Turn the heat down to just below medium (once the water starts boiling). Put on the lid and simmer for 50 minutes.

It should be a little more juicy than normal rice when it's done cooking. Spoon it to a bowl, sprinkle the fake cheese on top and then a little lettuce slivers - OH, YUM!

I made it up! Very good,  if I do say so myself.

I'm working up the courage for my next post...


    

No comments:

Post a Comment